Educational Psychologist/Clinical Psychologist
Overview of Program:
The Learning Frontier is dedicated to providing personalized guidance and support services for children and families in Beijing. Bilingual specialists in mental health, education and learning, applied behavior analysis, speech and language and occupational therapy work as a multidisciplinary team to help families better understand the growth and development of children and how to help each child live up to their potential in school and in life. The Learning Frontier also aims to expand learning and training opportunities for educators so that they can be better partners to children and families.
Be a trusted partner supporting all the family through their child’s learning journey.
To provide personalized mental, behavioral and developmental support for children and families in China.
- Provide comprehensive psychoeducational assessment and mental health counseling for children and families
- Conduct initial intake meetings, observations and screenings
- Administer and interpret diagnostic assessments to identify student need
- Draft reports with detailed interpretation of the findings and recommendations to be implemented in home and school settingsDevelop Individualized Education Program (IEP) plan with teachers and parents
- Provide individual & group therapy
- Develop treatment plan, keep therapy records/progress notes
- Work independently and also able to collaborate with other specialists in a multidisciplinary team
- Build partnership with families, teachers and schools
- Provide professional development on psychoeducation related topics
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary is competitive and based on experience
- Professional development opportunities
- Visa sponsorship Medical insurance, housing and flight reimbursement
- Multicultural working environment
- Flexible work
Requirements for applying:
- Resume (Cover letter included)
- Copy of License
- Letters of Recommendation/Reference
Please respond with resume to Shu Peng, Ph.D., Director, The Learning Frontier at email@example.com. Interviews can be conducted via Skype or in person.
- Graduation from accredited program of educational/school psychology
- Credential or in processLicensed Educational Psychologist preferred
- Experienced in using a wide range of test instruments and clinical ability to assess for ASD, ADHD, Learning Disability, emotional/mental health disorders, family dynamics that contribute to learning and functioning problems
- Experienced in individual, group and family counseling to address the social/emotional functioning of children
- Fluent in English; proficiency in Chinese is highly desirable
- Organized and comply with deadlines